Framework for competence of individual (and nominated individual) Building Safety Managers
This PAS specifies requirements for building safety competence relevant to the role, functions, activities and tasks of Building Safety Managers, based on the recommendations and core competence criteria set out in BSI Flex 8670. It covers the competence and commitment of Building Safety Managers in regard to:
• building structures and building systems;
• interaction of systems and components;
• operational practices necessary to maintain buildings safe for occupants;
• risk management;
• managing change, including the consequences of human behaviour;
• leadership, communication and planning skills; and
• personal commitment to ethical behaviour and professional standards.
It describes different levels of competence for classifying Building Safety Managers, depending on the Building Safety Manager’s skills, knowledge, experience and responsibility, and indicates the pathways between the levels. It shows how these levels relate to the competence necessary to manage buildings of different complexity and safety risks. It also gives guidance on assessment of individuals.
This PAS does not cover training requirements
This draft is available for viewing and public comment here